Estimated Arrival: Between Aug 13 and Aug 15. *ETA to AUS Only
Shipping: Free Shipping for orders over $100.
The #1 most loved brand of double stick fusible web, Steam-A-Seam 2 is back and better than ever making appliqué fun again!! Steam-A-Seam 2 is heat activated pressure sensitive fusible webs. This makes the web sticky and repositionable for easy placement of your appliqué giving you the ability to play with your design before permanently ironing.
You'll never make a mistake - the last step is to fuse when everything is perfectly in its place! Before fusing, tack your project to a wall or try on a garment to check appliqué placement; you're able to reposition pieces while you're wearing them.
Steam-A-Seam 2 - Perfect for laces, ribbon, silk and chiffon!
Benefits of Using Steam-A-Seam® vs other brands:
- Re-positionable stick;
- Bond is strong & permanent;
- Leave edges unfinished - will not fray or lift;
- Will not gum up your needle;
- Machine wash and dry (See Product Care)
- So Easy to Use and introducing New Benefits:
- * New grid paper aids in tracing
- * Easy to see through and write on
- * Now printer friendly!
Use Steam-A-Seam 2 with different materials & projects:
- No-Sew hems & seams
- Add or repair zippers, pockets, etc.
- Apply lace, ribbon & embellishments
- Durable enough to use with paper, cardboard, wood, glass, etc!
- Machine wash & dry finished projects without fabric softeners or dry clean.
- You may leave edges unfinished, but if you choose to sew through, make sure that the Steam-A-Seam 2® is fully fused with a steam iron - 30+ sec and let set before sewing.
- When laundering, avoid using fabric softener. Fabric softener chemicals erode the fusible web over time.
5 Easy Steps for Appliqué
Steam iron or pre-wash to remove sizing and other treatments from fabrics for best performance. Always set your iron temperature for the type of fabric you will use. Sewing is not required to finish the edges but if desired, Steam-A-Seam 2 will not gum up your needle. The paper liner makes an ideal tear away stabilizer.
Step 1 - Trace or Print your design in REVERSE onto the grid paper. Before sending Steam-A-Seam 2 sheets through your ink-jet printer, cut them to size (8.5" x 11"). Do not use with a laser printer.OR
Step 2 - Peel off the plain release paper and Stick your traced design onto the wrong side of your fabric.
Step 3 - Cut out your design along your traced lines.
Step 4 - Remove the grid paper to reveal the sticky fusible web, now attached to your fabric design. You may finger press and place onto your background fabric. This is a temporary repositionable bond allowing you to stick your design in place moving it around until you are happy with it.
Tips for Using Steam-A-Seam 2 with Wool
To use Steam-A-Seam 2 or Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 with wool, or any dense and sensitive material, you need to iron press both the front and back of your design. If available, using a steam iron is recommended. Since the "wool" iron setting is a low temperature, you must iron press for a longer amount of time, until the Steam-A-Seam webbing is properly fused. Please use caution as it is possible to burn wool fibers - do not iron press in one area for too long. Press for 45+ seconds and let it set to cool.